You’ll probably notice next time you log into BatchBook that we’ve added a fresh coat of paint and moved some furniture around a bit. Actually, it’s much more than that — what you are seeing is a culmination of four months of work to bring you of what we feel is a significant upgrade both visually and functionally.
First, we wanted to thank Alex Taylor of Big Ring Design, who is responsible for the new design. The BatchBlue team had a great time working with and getting to know him better over the past few weeks and we’re very pleased with the outcome of his efforts. Thanks, Alex!
Over the upcoming weeks, we’ll publish a few more posts that go into more detail about some of the specific changes, but I wanted to touch on the main areas of the site that were changed/improved.
New Quick Add options
- Quick Add an Event and a Deal
- Deals widget now displays totals and there is a new comments widget
- Now options displayed in a drop down. Much cleaner.
- Click & drag sections in body of page
- Activity log in body of page (not new, just moved)
- New, integration partners section in body of page
- Contact info in sidebar (not new, just moved)
- Social network search ( a big add – more details coming on this in another blog post)
- “Customer touchpoint” stats (created, last updated) in header as well as last communicated dates.
- Notes & attachments grouped together in new sidebar section
- Attachment section now on sidebar
- Admins can now create custom statuses. Now you can create a deal status of lead, prospect, etc to better tune your sales workflow.
- Deal totals shown on sidebar for admins
- Record created/updated stats moved to header
Browse Tags & SuperTags
- Manage tags & STs in new, tabbed table; no longer in 2 separate tables
- Sync and integration services now in new, tabbed table
We hope you like what you see and that you’ll let us know your thoughts and feedback. We wouldn’t be where we are without our all the support and feedback we have gotten from our customers over the past couple years. So thanks to you all, too. Our customers continue to be an invaluable resource in growing and designing our product.