Pretty soon, you may notice some updates to Batchbook as we move towards a more beautiful and easy-to-use app! Some of the changes we are making include: A brand new color palette Easier-to-read font More visual consistency throughout the app For those of you already in there working with Batchbook every day: all your data, navigation, and functionality will still be in the same place (only with a fresh new look!) Look for these updates soon.
I am sorry to report that we are removing the LinkedIn integration from both the classic and new versions of Batchbook. We are customers and big fans of the LinkedIn service ourselves. It was the first social integration that we implemented in the new Batchbook, and we know it is a valuable resource for our customers. When we initially launched the integration we were in compliance with the LinkedIn API Terms of Service. But we learned that LinkedIn changed those terms as it applies to all CRM usage, and as a result of their changes we are no longer in compliance. We are reaching out to their developer support team to understand our options. In the mean time, we are…
If you’ve been working in your Batchbook account recently, you’ll have noticed that it looks a little different. We’ve started to make some changes that we hope will make Batchbook even easier to use. You do real work in Batchbook; booking sales, handling customer questions, and collaborating as a team to keep your business organized. Our goal is to help you do all of that quickly and to make each task simple and enjoyable for you. To that end, we will be refreshing various experiences throughout Batchbook over the coming months.
New Dashboard Widget
We decided to start on the page that new users start on when they get their brand new Batchbook account, the Dashboard. There are a few things that we’ve found that users want to do first:
- Import contacts into the CRM
- See how those contacts are organized
- Create new Deals to start tracking sales efforts
To help users access those three things more quickly, we’ve add a new dashboard widget. This widget shows up right at the top of the dashboard, and points the way to key tasks in Batchbook.
Knowledge is power. Knowledge of your customer. Knowledge of their needs. Knowledge of their habits and desires and beliefs. As important as building the right widget or service to meet their needs, is building the right process for finding those who will benefit from your product and selling it to them.
Today we are releasing a new set of sales tools in Batchbook to help you better develop and manage the right sales process for your business. We’ve made it super simple to create a process for turning your interested visitors into paying customers and long term champions.
The new deals tab in Batchbook will let you:
- Easily work through your sales process – Easily sort deals based on assignments. Quickly preview action needed, contact your customer and update the deal stage from one screen.
- Customize your sales stages – Create your own custom deals stages based on the steps involved in marketing and selling your product or service to your customers. Update that process as you learn more about what is working and what isn’t.
- Categorize different deal types – Create your own categories for the different services you offer, versions of your product or distribution channels. No matter what you are selling and who you are selling it to, you can easily set up different strategies that will work for you.
- Create your own territories – Create your own territories and track all deals based on those areas. Whether you distribute opportunities to your sales team based on locations, or just need to track different currencies across your sales region, you can use custom territories to track locations that make sense to you.
- Manage sales from your phone – The new deals tab is designed for mobile first. All features available in the web version are also available across all smartphones including searching, viewing, updating, quick calling and mapping customer locations.
- Involve everyone at your company in the sales process. The owner, partners, business development, front desk, support team. Everyone is part of the customer conversations, so make sure everyone is sharing their conversations and notes in Batchbook. Unlimited users means everyone can be involved for the same low price.
Get a Glimpse of the New Sales Tools
As with the rest of Batchbook, we have made the new Deals feature extremely customizable. Creating the right process for yourself and your team is a very important and an ongoing process. Below are a few screenshots of the easy customization and deal flow in the new Batchbook Deals feature.
The next few months are going to see some exciting new features being rolled out in Batchbook. I won’t give anything away, but it’s going to be a pretty big deal! In the meantime, we have a couple of small tweaks that we think will be helpful for a lot of folks.
Communications Gets a Refresh
To say we are excited about our newest feature, drag and drop imports, would be a bit of an understatement. We are jumping out of our socks over here! Once you try it out, you will be too!! I won’t waste too many words describing drag and drop importing, because it has to be seen to be believed. Watch the video below and then go try it out for yourself. It’s an evolution in importing, and it will save you a lot of time when bringing in new contacts to Batchbook. Here’s the skinny: Import any vCard file into Batchbook by dragging it in. This will import the data and map it automatically. You’ll get contact info, notes, and social…
What separates a customer from the average person you know? Simple, a customer pays you, and you love them for it! Making sure customers pay is an occasional hassle. Managing all of your outstanding invoices, plus the bills you need to pay, plus your business’s budget; that’s enough to make you sweat. But our newest Batchbook integration partner, Xero, helps lighten the load on the accounting side of your business. What is Xero? Xero is accounting software in the cloud, made especially for small businesses. With it, you can do your accounting online, from anywhere, even on your phone. Invoicing, paying bills, and even bank reconciliation are all a breeze. You can give your team and your accountant access as well, which makes collaborating…
Last week we quietly launched the first phase of the mobile version of the new Batchbook. We’ve started with the ability to view all of your existing contacts in a mobile friendly format. You can view it by going to your Batchbook account from the browser on your iPhone, Android or Windows phone (a few Blackberry phones work, as well). You can also check it out by logging into your website account (from your laptop, desktop or iPad), and then going to the “Contacts” tab and clicking on the “mobile view” link at the bottom of the page. To switch back just click on the menu and then “desktop version”. This launch is the beginning of a new commitment to…
We’ve just revved up our advanced search engine with relative search. This means that you can now search for people and companies based on things that happened in a certain time frame. The twist? That time frame doesn’t have to be tied to any specific dates. You can use natural language search terms like “last month”, “this year” and “the last two weeks”. Search the Way You Think Using natural language search means you don’t have to pick a certain range of dates when you are trying to find a piece of information. For instance, if you want to view all of the contacts that have been updated in the last week, you can do a search for records that…
One of the hallmarks of a social CRM is that it helps you connect with your customers easily. This connection is often thought of in terms of online connections, such as social networks and email. But physical touch points with your customers are as important as ever. That handwritten thank you note or holiday card can go a long way toward increasing customer loyalty! Print Mailing Labels From Any List We’ve made it easy for you to send mail to your Batchbook contacts. Just add people or companies to a list and then choose the mailing label option in the exports widget. You will get a PDF formatted to match the popular Avery 5160/8160 mailing label format. Just click print…