The decorations are up and the turkey’s been eaten, which can only mean that the winter holidays are officially upon us. I know, I know, you’re thinking ‘Wait – didn’t I just finally put my beach chair in the car?’ The good news is that organizing with BatchBook can help take away some of that stress and help keep your holidays full of mirth and merriment.
Here are a few of my favorite tips on how BatchBook can make your holidays brighter this year:
Make holiday card sending a snap
- Start by creating a new tag for your holiday cards and tag everyone you’d like to mail to (for instance “holiday10”).
- Search though your other tags to find groups of people you’d like to include and BatchAdd these folks to your new holiday tag in one fell swoop.
- Want to use your holiday cards to help reconnect with folks you haven’t communication with in a while? Use our handy dandy “record communicated with” Advanced Search to find folks you haven’t spoken with since Valentines Day.
- You can build a list using your new tag name with a click of a button. Then check out which labels we support and print your mail labels right from BatchBook!
- Another option: send your list over to MailChimp or export your list to Tiny Prints and let them do the hard work for you!
Manage your holiday To-Dos
- Use your BatchBook To-Do list to keep all those little odds and ends that pile up during the holiday season in order in one easy place. Attach them to your contacts or just to yourself.
- Go ahead and assign a few of them out to family or co-workers while you’re at it! Include them in the fun.
Let SuperTags make your lists for you
- SuperTags are a great place a keep track of gift ideas for that growing list of friends and family you buy for each year. It’s also a great place to track their favorite color, size, etc. so there won’t be any guesswork when you find that perfect sweater!
- Create a Super Tag to track which which gifts you’re giving to whom this year. Now there’s no need to explain to Aunt Betty why you thought she’d really like another popcorn maker for the second year in a row!
- Use a SuperTag to track which gifts you and your family receive so that Thank You’s are a breeze.
Going to Grandma’s house? Use the iPhone app on the road
- In the store and can’t remember what you were planning to buy your favorite niece? Just grab your phone and check out that new handy ‘gift ideas 2010’ SuperTag you created.
- Get lost on the way to the boss’s party? Open up her contact on your phone and click on the address. Instant Map!
- Stay up to the minute with your To-Do list and knock them out one at time while at the store, standing in line, or after you’ve finally shut off the computer for the night.
Here’s to hoping you enjoy an organized, stress-free, laughter-filled and all around good time holiday season!
Flickr photo by @mriggen of BatchBlue fame.