Knowledge is power. Knowledge of your customer. Knowledge of their needs. Knowledge of their habits and desires and beliefs. As important as building the right widget or service to meet their needs, is building the right process for finding those who will benefit from your product and selling it to them.
Today we are releasing a new set of sales tools in Batchbook to help you better develop and manage the right sales process for your business. We’ve made it super simple to create a process for turning your interested visitors into paying customers and long term champions.
The new deals tab in Batchbook will let you:
- Easily work through your sales process – Easily sort deals based on assignments. Quickly preview action needed, contact your customer and update the deal stage from one screen.
- Customize your sales stages – Create your own custom deals stages based on the steps involved in marketing and selling your product or service to your customers. Update that process as you learn more about what is working and what isn’t.
- Categorize different deal types – Create your own categories for the different services you offer, versions of your product or distribution channels. No matter what you are selling and who you are selling it to, you can easily set up different strategies that will work for you.
- Create your own territories – Create your own territories and track all deals based on those areas. Whether you distribute opportunities to your sales team based on locations, or just need to track different currencies across your sales region, you can use custom territories to track locations that make sense to you.
- Manage sales from your phone – The new deals tab is designed for mobile first. All features available in the web version are also available across all smartphones including searching, viewing, updating, quick calling and mapping customer locations.
- Involve everyone at your company in the sales process. The owner, partners, business development, front desk, support team. Everyone is part of the customer conversations, so make sure everyone is sharing their conversations and notes in Batchbook. Unlimited users means everyone can be involved for the same low price.
Get a Glimpse of the New Sales Tools
As with the rest of Batchbook, we have made the new Deals feature extremely customizable. Creating the right process for yourself and your team is a very important and an ongoing process. Below are a few screenshots of the easy customization and deal flow in the new Batchbook Deals feature.
Create as many deal stages as your company uses. You can also create custom deal categories and territories to help you keep track of different deals.
See a quick summary of all deals within a certain stage of your process and how much all deals within a stage are worth.
You know the person buying what you are selling is making their decisions on their own time. So you need all of the information around that sale available to you at any time and from anywhere. The new deals tab was designed for mobile first, so you have full access to all deal information including close date, amount involved, status and full contact information. And you can update any information when on the road, at a customer’s office or when you get an e-mail out on the soccer field.
The deal detail and contact preview views look great and are fully functional on your smartphone.
You may notice that the new deals feature is using a slightly different layout than the other areas of the Batchbook application. We’ve specifically designed this multi-panel display to allow you to search across different segments of your deals while drilling down and getting the detailed contact information you need to make progress in your sales efforts. We’d love to hear from you what you think of this design.
Buying shiny new things is one of the most enjoyable activities you can engage in, and selling should be the same. You are giving a customer, probably someone who has many of the same interests and desires as you, the opportunity to experience the excitement of buying your shiny new thing. And you are starting a relationship with someone who values the thing you have spent so much time, sweat and tears building. This is the start of something good!
Our new sales management features will help you and your team see great results from your sales efforts. Please let us know what you think and what we can do to keep making it better.