Are you a top performing DevOps engineer looking to stay awake for days, never be allowed to implement anything properly, and experience no appreciation or job satisfaction whatsoever? That’s how some companies treat their ops folks, but not here!
Our ops folks use their skills and experience to help take us to the top. They’re a key part of the business and carry the respect of our entire team. They build things to scale and if something breaks they fix it once and fix it right. They contribute to the open source community and sleep very well. Sound good?
At BatchBlue, we are passionate about small businesses and the role they can play in changing the world. Our flagship product, Batchbook, is CRM software designed for small businesses. BatchBlue is a people-first company. We’ve assembled a diverse and passionate team of individuals to help us build and support our product. We place high-value on customer service and the importance of human touch in business. All of our team members work flexible schedules and spend at least some, if not all, of their time working virtually.
The softer skills you’ll need when you arrive:
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Experience with technology operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available, revenue generating service
Strong background in Linux/Unix administration with experience:
- using automation/configuration management tools such as Puppet and Chef
- managing environments deployed at Amazon Web Services
- administering Postgres, Redis, Nginx, and Rails
- writing your own code/scripts
- Solr, NoSQL, Docker, or other tools and techniques drawn from your own experience.
Are you in the continental US and up for the challenge? Then, let’s talk!
Email your resume and a quick summary of your reason for interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!